I joined WooThemes April 15, 2014 as a Support Ninja. At the time we were around 20-30 employees. Within a few months, I moved into a new role leading a small support team for many of our enterprise level extensions. Then on April 1st I became a Developer Advocate to help foster the developer community around WooThemes products like WooCommerce.
We’re now at 55 employees joining a team of 325 putting us at 370 total from all over the world. I’ve talked to many of my fellow ninja’s and can report that we’re all excited to be joining the Automattic family. I can’t wait to get started and get to know the new family.
This is a great opportunity for WooThemes and to bring WooCommerce to a whole new level.
- WooThemes joins Automattic: The beginning of an exciting chapter from WooThemes.com
- Woo & Automattic from ma.tt
- WooThemes has a new home from markforrester.co.za
- We are joining Automattic from jepson.no
- WordPress.com owner buys WooCommerce plugin to power ecommerce from Mashable